Monday, January 20, 2014

Mel's blog... Here is a great dinner !

Crockpot Italian Chicken

I found this recipe on Pinterest, and I have made it so many times already!  I've tried it with all different kinds of pasta, but I think mini bowties are my favorite.  My very picky eater son even loved it!!  You just put 2 large, 3 medium or 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot with a packet of Zesty Italian dressing & seasoning mix, 1/2 package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese & 2 cans of 98% fat free cream of something soup.  I don't like cream of chicken, so I used cream of mushroom and cream of celery.  Cook it on low for 4-6 hours, shred the chicken and serve over the cooked pasta.  So easy, and so good!  Just calculate the pp for the amount of pasta that you eat, and it is 4pp for 1/6th of the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment