Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dinner for the Family... Low Fat Enchiladas


Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Ranch Sauce

I got this recipe from one of those magazine cookbooks that you'll find at the grocery store, by Pillsbury called Casseroles & Slow Cooker Meals.  I started making it before I started doing WW, but I found that after I put it into the online recipe builder, that it really wasn't that bad!  I made a couple of changes to the original recipe to make it a little more WW friendly, but it is only 5pp per enchilada and it is very filling!  It makes a lot, so I have started making it when I need to bring someone dinner, to thank them for doing something for me or if someone has had a baby or something like that.  Bring them some chips and salsa to go with it and you're all set!

1 10 3/4 oz. can of 98% fat free cream of celery/mushroom/chicken soup
1 cup refrigerated sour cream ranch dip (you could cut the pp even further if you mixed Greek yogurt & powdered ranch dip)
1 package of green onions, chopped
3 cups (about 2 lbs.) cooked chicken (I cooked mine in the crock pot so I could shred it, but a rotisserie chicken would be easy or just cook some in a pan or bake and chop)
3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 package of the smallest flour tortillas you can find (the ones I used had 16 in the package and they were Wal-mart brand)
1 package of WW Mexican cheese

Preheat oven to 350 & spray 1 large pan or 2 13X9 in. pans with Pam.
Mix soup, dip and half the onions.  Set aside 1/2 cup of this mixture.
Mix the chicken and wing sauce in a separate bowl.
Spread out all the tortillas on the counter.
Spoon 2 Tbsps of the soup mixture down the center of each tortilla.
Top the soup mixture with 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture.
Top the chicken with a sprinkle of the cheese.
Fold the sides of the tortillas over the filling and place them seam side down in a baking dish.
Spoon remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas.
Top with the remaining cheese and then onions.
Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.



http://melissardiana.blogspot.com/2012/02/buffalo-chicken-enchiladas-with-creamy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment