Thursday, June 19, 2014
Lemon coconut energy balls!
1 cup pitted dates
2 Lemons, Juiced
1/4 cup Raw Almonds
1/4 cup macadamia nuts (cashews or walnuts for another option)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
Extra 1/2 cup coconut for rolling balls
- Line a 9x13 pan with wax paper and set aside
- In a food processor or high powered blender chop the nuts
- Remove nuts and then add 1/2 cup dates with 1 lemon juiced and pulse. Add the rest of the lemon juice and dates and pulse. Add in the chopped nuts, coconut and chia seeds and mix until all ingredients are combined. Add a little bit more lemon juice or water if it becomes dry.
- Roll into 1 inch balls (approximately 1 1/2 TB) and then roll into the coconut.
- Store in the fridge. They stay good for about 1 week. Makes 12 , 80 calories each !