Sunday, July 7, 2013

Spotlight on Cathy, 50 pounds lighter and feeling fabulous



Not even a year ago, We meet Cathy.  She had just started weight watchers and working out and she wanted to take it to the next level.  She joined Boot Camp Moms and her transformation has been REMARKABLE and we are truly blessed to be on this journey with her!! To date Cathy has lost 50 pounds and is still going strong!! She now works out everyday, runs races, and inspires everyone she comes in contact with. We recently asked her about her journey.

Why Boot Camp?
Well the reason I tried was because of Kyle and Jennifer!
The reason I still do it is because of Kyle and Jennifer and the amazing energy they share.

How did you hear about us?
I had heard it mentioned and alway thought to myself  no way I could ever do that- don't even think about it" but after an evening chat with Kyle she had me believing I could try it!

How much weight you have lost, and what are you doing in addition to Boot Camp?
Well I started out doing classes at the Y and took the suggestion to "cross-train" so in addition to Zumba I started taking different classes.
 I have lost 50 pounds so far.
What I've gained is even more important to me, I don't let fear make my decisions anymore. I'm happier than I've ever been and I LOVE "working" out.

What can you do now that you could not before?
Literally - side planks, one legged jumps- figuratively- anything I committ myself to. I mean I run 5K's now!!

What keeps you motivated and coming to boot camp?
The attitudes of Jenn and Kyle- they are contagious, I have enjoyed getting to know the other moms of BCM's and feeding off of their awesome energy! ("good job LL") it is the most fun I've ever had "working out"


What is your favorite part of boot camp? 
When it's over.... No really, there is this deep sense of satisfaction that I get when I am done. I love the smack talk as well as it keeps me smiling during the whole work out ( even gorilla walks and mountain climbers).

 If someone was hesitant to join boot camp what would you tell them?
I actually just had the chance to have this conversation last week and I said, "Just try it- I was scared to do it but LOVE going every week. You will love the energy and you can move at your own pace. Never let fear keep you from doing something that can make you truly happy- just try it. "


 After 50 lbs of Weight loss
Before her weight loss


Cathy, we are so proud of you and we love having you as part of our group!! Keep up the GREAT work. We can not wait to see what is in store for you!!
Jen and Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment